The hardest decision of my life: to end a pregnancy because I had no paid leave - My News TV

Breaking News

Recent Posts

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

The hardest decision of my life: to end a pregnancy because I had no paid leave

Despite my job at a prestigious college and my husband’s job at a grocery store, neither of us would get paid parental leave. So we made a difficult choice

In the summer of 2018, I was 34 years old. I lived with my husband-to-be in a one room apartment in rural Vermont. After spending almost a year underemployed, I was ecstatic to be offered a full-time job with benefits at a prestigious liberal arts college. I began working there a month before our wedding, a small ceremony we had carefully designed for months. A week after we were married, I found out I was pregnant.

Related: Maternity leave: US policy is worst on list of the world's richest countries

Continue reading...

from World news | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2UqpieE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here